Time has come

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Thu May 13 18:10:53 CEST 2004

* Dave <dave at gufi.org> [20040513 18:37]: wrote:
> Hi friends, developers.
>
> Now I'm an informatic engineer, nothing is changed :)

Heheee. Three cheers to the new informatic engineer!!!
Congratulations on your achievement.

> So, let's start the develop of FreeSBIE 1.0.1 as planned
> time ago.

How comes you have the time now? Shouldn't you be working somewhere? ;-)
Just kidding!

> I'm studying forth language (and ficl too) to change the
> boot prompt in something useful the default one (beautiful,
> indeed, but if you would like to pass - for example - 4 or 5
> parameters at boot time, it's very hard).
> I'm thinking to a prompt like this one:
> FreeSBIE prompt#
> and this could be useful if an user would like to set:
> FreeSBIE prompt# lang=it, x11-wm=xfce, acpi=yes, user=dave

That would be nice. Also if we can configure the keyboard type and
lang so that it doesn't prompt.

> The associations (opzion=value) could be parsed in rc.d/* scripts
> to allow full user customization and personalization during the
> startup process.
>
> The others two thing i'm planning to work at are:
> - a script to install freesbie to hd;

Wow!!!! That would be the bomb!

> - a couple of scripts to configure ethernet cards via curses or
>   gtk2 (using python and py-ncurses and py-gtk bindings).

I don't feel that that is very urgent though, but that is my opinion.

> Let me know if you would like to help us, you are welcome
> also if you are gay.

Gay??? That sucks.

Anyway, someone help me. I have FreeSBIE 1.0 iso. I modified loader.conf
to have ipl_load="YES" and then I added some entries for ipfilter in
rc.conf.
The module fails to load. Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |