BSDInstaller Plugin

Markus Boelter m at freebsd.org
Sun Jun 25 13:36:25 CEST 2006

Hi!

At the moment I am working on the PXE NetBoot Server for the Summer
of Code 2006. Because BSDInstaller already has such one included, my
first step is to get BSDInstaller II (lua backend) working with
FreeSBIE II (and cleary the NetBoot Server).

Andrew Turner did most of the BSDInstaller stuff in some FreeBSD
ports in the ports collection. I asked on the BSDInstaller list to
make a meta-port to easily add BSDInstaller to FreeSBIE II. Until now
there is no port for the lua backend. So I did the complete backend
into the plugin-directory and wrote (a very small) shell-script to
copy it on the right place in the Filesystem.

What is still on my todo list is to have a simple way to start
BSDInstaller from the LiveCD and also get NetBoot Server running
completely. At the moment I still get a error when I boot from
another client, but that's only minor bugs because the kernel is
booting properly.

Any feedback to far?

Cheers,
   Markus